Elijah's words- xie xie (thank you), bye bye, zai jian (good bye), zhe ge, potty, elmo, mama, baba (dad) ee (ev), lao lao (my mom), nai nai (todd's mom) dewdaddy, buddy (my grandpa) grnma, ayi , football, play baseball, basketball, ball, clif clif (clifford), cook cook (cookie) crack ka (cracker), cranber (cranberries), food, more, all done, juice, down, ruff ruff (his dog), no, please, yeah, xi zao (bath), kan dian shi (watch tv), chu qu (go out), da xiang (elephant), Manny (Handy Manny), shoes, xiezi(shoes), da (horse- in T), bowl, gou (dog), ba ma (zebra), ba, jiu, shi (8,9,10),
Ev has a pretty large Chinese vocabulary. Or I guess for a 3 year old. She knows to speak Chinese to our babysitter, but she also will speak Chinese to me through the day.
Me, on the other hand. I am trying to retain all the vocabulary I am getting. For me to remember a word I have to remember the word, remember the tones(usually more than one tone for a word), and remember the character for the word.
Here is an example: the word for band aid =chuangketie chuang(1st tone)ke(3rdtone)tie(3rdtone) there are 3 characters 创可贴
if you say one tone wrong it means another word. not so fun!
1 comment:
I thought he was saying my name...a little!
Post a Comment