Todd is taking a short trip from tomorrow afternoon until Saturday early evening. Since our home study Ev has reverted back to her days as a 2 yr old and even worse we are sad to say. We are hoping this is some kind of a stage, hopefully a QUICK one. Dealing with her behavior has really worn us out this week. At 3am this morning she woke up and tried to get into our bed with us. So I took her back to her room and tried to get her to stay there but she was unwilling to do that. (For some reason she has decided to only want her way and not accept anything but that. So when we don't give into her way she gives us much grief.) SO much that we have taken everything away from her in her room. At one point all she had was her bed and her dresser and bookshelf and everything else (toys, extra pillows, her house,doll stroller, etc. was gone) We took them away not only because of her behavior but since she had thrown everything in her room we didn't want her to break anything.
She was getting pretty upset and due to the fact that I was up at 3 something in the morning and I was worried her loud voice would wake her brother I kept firm to what I wanted her to do. She ended up taking her pillow and blanket and sleeping on the couch in the living room. Then at 4am she decided she couldn't go back to sleep and right as I was finally falling back to sleep she came in and asked to watch TV. That was a definite no. So again I got up and this time I just tucked her into the area she had made in the living room. I didn't want to deal with this since I knew I had to get up in a couple of hours and go to class for 2.5 hours. IT is hard enough to focus that long in another language, being sleep deprived doesn't help!
At both nap time and bed times she is giving us unusual grief. Not to mention other times in the day. But it seems like at sleeping times it is worse. So tonight I thought I made it out of her room with her being fine but I had to go in again and get her settled.
So I say this all to ask for your prayers while Todd is gone Thursday, Friday and part of Saturday. As Todd and I were watching TV after the kids were in bed I told him that I may go crazy while he is gone. Todd has been gone a lot lately on day trips or short trips. It is always hard on us at home due to the nature of what he is doing. So we appreciate your thoughts and that Ev will snap out of her funk.
And because Todd is taking the computer and Mp3 player with him I am left without Internet access, email and music. :( Thankfully a family is coming this way next week and are bringing us our new computer. We bought a Dell Mini to have as a second computer. With the work Todd is doing for the next year he takes over the computer and I usually don't get it until after 10pm. We need another one so I can get some work done during the day too. Adoption stuff, other life stuff, studying, etc. I am so excited for that to arrive.
We did take some pictures yesterday of our family in our living room for our adoption family life pictures. After maybe 10 takes i think we got a winner. We may even use it as our family Christmas picture for the year. Ev got into taking a few pictures too, so i let her take one of Todd and I by the Christmas tree. It didn't turn out bad at all. So check back on Saturday- hopefully i can post those pics for you. i also have some great video of Elijah playing baseball. He's great-he lifts up his leg when he pitches, he taps the end of the bat on the ground before he swings the bat and he has a pretty good slide for a 1 1/2 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment