A week or so ago we found out that Todd has to go to a meeting the last week in February so that means we have to extend our vacation time. There are pros and cons about this. We are planning on leaving the 1st of February to go down south to a very warm place. YEAH FOR WARM WEATHER!!! We are going on our 4th straight month of cold. This month is the hardest for expats living in our city. Most people leave to go to warm places but we are not leaving until February. We will spend a week at an International hospital to do well kid check ups (poor Elijah is going to get his immunizations for 1yr olds plus 18month olds.) Remember we lost all our immunizations back in August when we were gone from our home and the power went out. Poor kid doesn't know what is coming to him. We will all go see the dentist, I will have a few doctors visits and we are planning on having me get Lasik surgery done. We will get into the city very late and bright and early the next morning I will have pre op and then the surgery sometime that afternoon/evening. I am not suppose to wash my hair for a while nor swim for 2 weeks. We are thankful that Todd's parents and sister will be joining us at the end of the week and will travel with us to the beach. Sadly I won't be able to swim but everyone else will. We will then travel to the city where Elijah was born and hang out there a week waiting for Todd's meetings. Then the following week he will be in meetings as I watch the kids. We really love this city so we are hoping to go see the Elephants, take the kids to the Night Safari and go to as many Western food restaurants that we can! We bought tickets during a special fare so it will take us 3 days to get back home. Not fun! :( But it does mean I will get to go to IKEA on the way home. I am brainstorming things to make to occupy the kids during our 8 flights, 2 three hour bus rides and such. After 30 days away from home we will all be wanting our beds. So far I have made a doll house for Ev to play with on the plane. She has these little dolls and a plastic doll house and furniture. We can't take everything with us so I made a doll house that folds down flat. She loves it so far so I hope that will keep her entertained on the planes. After all I will have a 21 month old on my lap. :)
We also found out the due to a situation in America China has delayed time for all families adopting. Our agency told us that China terminated working with this one agency because of what happened in America. Sadly this affects us but we are still hoping it won't put us back too much. Currently we are waiting for our Texas child abuse check to be turned in. Once it is our home study will be complete and it can be notarized and sent off to be translated. This country will shut down for most of the month of February due to the Chinese New Year celebrations. We really desire our Texas paperwork to get back to our agency this week so they can send it off. We would love for China to have our paperwork BEFORE the New Year (which starts February 14th).
No comments:
Post a Comment