Tuesday, December 1, 2009

News




I'm going to post like crazy today since it may be another week until I can post again. :) We I mean (Todd) is very busy these days and it is stressing him out, which usually DOESN'T happen. All of this week I have been sick so I haven't been able to do anything and he is working hard doing work related stuff, other projects, class, adoption stuff and the list goes on.




Adoption news:


We are scanning in all of our documents to send to a few people in our agency. We are awaiting some very important documents in a care package and will have to scan those once we get them and update the information. Meanwhile we are faxing and still waiting on our TX, OK and KS child abuse forms. Please pray that it will take LESS time than what they tell us. Once we have these forms in hand we will have EVERYTHING for our agency, the country, and for our dossier. Well except getting photos printed and finger prints (to be done at the Embassy later.) We will leave the country at the beginning of February to meet Todd's family for vacation in another country. We will go through the city where a US Consulate is and are hoping that we can get our fingerprints and documents notarized done there. PRAY that the timing works out to do this.




Our Social Worker is scheduled to come next FRIDAY! Praise Father that another family in town who have adopted a little girl need to get their 1 year follow up done so our Social worker is coming for our home study and to do their meeting. Meaning WE GET TO SPLIT the cost of flying her here to visit us. YEAH! We are so thankful for this blessing. (Our SW does live in this country but it is still expensive to fly her here since we live on the other side of the country.)




Since I have been out of commission this week I haven't made it to class yet. Hopefully I can go tomorrow.




Today when I couldn't do much of anything else I wrapped Christmas presents. I am so glad I did my shopping over a month ago. Todd may have thought I was crazy but I am so glad now! See it pays to start early.




Elijah has been wanting to watch the movie The Sandlot every day. He carries his bat over his shoulder and holds his ball most of the day. When he isn't doing that he is running in circles (he is running the bases) and he is falling down on the ground (his way of sliding into home) it is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Who knew 1 1/2 year olds could do this. When we talked to Todd's parents on Skype this week they said that Todd use to do the same thing when he was little and also Dew Daddy did that too when he was little. I guess it does run in the family. :) I wish I could have seen Todd when he was this age

1 comment:

KaiLeigh said...

I have the pictures of Todd! I will send them to you!! :D