Thursday, December 10, 2009

Home Study is TODAY

SO we Skyped with my family, had a full house of 3 yr olds and under, had lunch, watched a little TV (so I could get some last minute things put together) and naps (kids are still asleep -yes!), waiting for Todd to come back from his baseball game and hopefully our Social worker won't beat him here.

Whether or not we are ready :) our Home study is today and part of tomorrow morning. We've been really busy this week ( I had to do something(s) every day this week in addition to class) that it really didn't hit me that today is our home study. I started to panic last night as I went to our expat ladies Christmas night. The other moms adopting where there so I got some last minute tips from them.

I made sure I had plugs for our sockets that are exposed, Todd put up our fire alarms, I put some corner protector things and we have been making sure our house is clean. Elijah thinks it is funny to go around and take off or out the safety features I've put up.

Today we ran out of water (we use water jugs for our drinking water) so we called and they took forever to get here. So that meant we didn't have any water or juice to give the kids today for snack. Crazy... I couldn't find things today, of course and well I am trying to listen to some music to settle myself.

I am hoping that things are natural and comfortable with our Social worker as she asks us tons of questions. :)

1 comment:

Cindy Foote said...

It will be a breeze! You'll do great! Can't wait to hear about it!