So yesterday Todd went and picked up our turkey from the Import Store. I wasn't the one that picked the size so I guess I hadn't really coverted kilograms into pounds to know how big of a turkey we would have. So I was a little shocked to read the label and get a 13.5 lb bird.
I put it next to my oven and laughed. Since we are hosting Thanksgiving this year I am cooking the turkey (and for the first time ever!) but my little oven is overwhelmed by the bird. I bet you never had this happen to you. My turkey won't fit. So... I am going to try a couple of things. First I am going to try to butterfly the turkey like my Thanksgiving issue of Martha Stewart says. Hopefully I can get it to lay semi flat and cook faster that way. Second I think I am going to have to cut the turkey in half and cook each part separately. I think if I do both of these things then maybe it will work. Haha! A friend gave me a turkey bag to cook my turkey in so I guess I will use it for one part and then the other part will just be cooked without it. Another friend is bringing over her smaller oven for me to use on Thanksgiving so I can cook both turkeys at the same time. At least I can cook the other dishes I am making ahead of time. If I only had a normal size oven this would all be easier. :) Makes for some good laughs though!
1 comment:
Sounds like you have to be creative! Good Luck!
Post a Comment