Monday, November 9, 2009

Busy busy busy....

We are well into the paper work trail for our adoption. So on top of our already full schedules we have split the work up between the two of us. We are currently getting our birth certificates and marriage license from America. I guess we have all of them except Todd's birth certificate. I guess Texas is so big it takes forever to get anything from them. (j/k!)

Yesterday Todd went to our local police station to get a letter of criminal history for both of us. That went amazingly smooth. My tutor was kind to help me translate all the information and they did it exactly how we needed it done. See, we have friends here in town who went to get the same thing done and they refused to do it correctly. So they had to go through some other hoops and they just sent theirs in and will have to wait and see if the adoption agency will accept it. I feel bad for them they have had a long hard journey.

It is crazy how many questions you can come up with. I have been emailing questions and trying to find someone in town who can do our health exams. The form is in English so we are looking for an English speaking doctor to fill them out. Or we may have to take the English form in and have the entire thing translated. Which would mean we would need to bring along a friend to do. The paper has to be notarized so we are not sure if an local notary would notarize an English document! Possibly we may translate the whole document and then have a local doctor fill it out and get it notarized because all of our paperwork will be sent back to the States and ironically it will all be translated back into Chinese anyway! We will see.:)

So we are hoping over this week and next we can get all the paperwork we need so we can have our Home study done.

3 comments:

Shanalea Atchison said...

I am always amazed at how much work it is to adopt a child, but then again we don't want children going to just anyone. I will be lifting you guys up.

Kara M said...

Your TX comment was hilarious! Thank you for that!! What Co. are ya'll adopting through? I hung with the Frie ladies yesterday. They were so excited to hear about the adoption.

Kelli Diane Kanani said...

Our agency is Small World Adoption