Friday, October 23, 2009

The Princess Birthday Party

The party is over and all went well. This week I have something to do for the party every day this week. Monday I sewed the felt crowns, Tuesday I sewed the purse party favor bags, Wednesday I made the birthday banner and all the ribbon stars hanging things, Thursday I got the supplies for the craft, bought some extra paper plates, bought some flowers, Friday I picked up some dress up clothes, borrowed a couple of chairs from my friend and from 6pm on (too late in the morning to tell you!) I cooked all the food for today. 4 batches of calzones. 16 Mini ones that I used a tea cup cookie cutter for the girls and 24 regular size for the adults. I made sugar cookies and use a tea pot and tea cup cookie cutter, make a dozen cup cakes, sewed the top of each of the doll's princess dresses, iced the cupcakes and placed the doll in the middle, make some pink lemonade, set up all the tables (small table for the color sheet/craft time) and the larger one for lunch.
On top of all the party prep I changed from my teacher at the school to my tutor of the past 2 yrs. She lost her job and I needed a teacher who would actually teach me and not cancel class all the time. (In the past 3 weeks I had class 3 times!) So I started with my tutor and added an hour every day, meaning I am taking 12 hours now. That isn't including travel time so that means I am basically gone from the house from 8am until noon.
I had a couple of things to do out side the house on a couple of the days. So I am pretty worn out. It was worth it to give Ev a special birthday party.

2 comments:

KaiLeigh said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! That looks amazing! what a special treat for all the girls and moms!!

Cindy Foote said...

Happy Birthday Ev!!!

Once again - you did an amazing job, Super Mom!!! One day your kids are going to grow up and look back at these kinds of pictures and just ponder how amazing you were/are as their mom!

Love you!