Saturday, October 17, 2009

Baby Shower


We had our surprise shower for my good friend in town. I have been wanting to make a diaper cake for a while and so I finally was able to make one. I bought large diapers since my friend won't be coming back here until her little boy is almost 6 months old and because I just wanted to use one package of diapers I only had 2 tiers to the cake. I think it turned out fine anyway.
My friend loves to scrapbook so I thought I would use a lot of scrap book type items so they could be used as decoration and then go directly into the baby book. She was thrilled about that.

I made a double layer cake this time. After making the Elmo cake a few weeks ago this cake and next week I will make the little doll cupcake dresses I think I am done with cakes for a while. My friend joked with me that I should have a little business of making cakes for expats. :)

Overall I think my friend felt loved and enjoyed her shower. It was fun to create and plan for it.

No comments: