Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gifts Ideas

So I worked like crazy for a couple of days and produced some baby boy gifts for my friend and some gifts for her daughters to play with while on the long plane from here to America.
I ended up making a couple of felt finger puppets, a felt tic tac toe game, I added some play dough, a couple of princess notebooks, an activity book to the gift. I am hoping they will enjoy it for at least some of the 13+hour plane ride. :)

I also worked hard to make a baby gifts to give at our surprise baby shower this Friday. I made a couple of bibs that are reversible, a reversible burp rag, a small taggie blanket, and a lap pad that is all out of the same matching material. I would have loved to do more but I had to do sew all of these items by hand. After about 8 hours of sewing my fingers were sore. (I'm not going to get into why my sewing machine isn't working AGAIN!)

I am making a cake for the baby shower and bringing decorations. So this week has been busy with making all of these gifts, making a cake/decorating it (work to be done tomorrow afternoon) on top of life in general. I am also going to a lady's thing tomorrow night so I have to make sure everything is done for the shower earlier that day.

My teacher cancelled class for the second time this week (yet another frustration!) so I went out today to buy some small dolls that will be used for Ev's doll cupcake dresses. After several places decided to hike up the price of the dolls I found a place that had them for the price I have bought them for. In the process I found a Christmas present for Ev so that is one thing off my list.

So here are some pictures of what I've made this week.

1 comment:

KaiLeigh said...

KELLI! Those are amazing! I'm sorry your sewing machine isn't working right now. Do you want any sewing materials/supplies for christmas? Need anything to get ready for the holidays?