Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October Holiday

So this year we have 10 days off from school. They are celebrating their 60th anniversary and there is other holiday (Mid Autumn Festival) all put together. So that means that I am busy at work trying to get some craft things done as well as other things around the house.

Today while Todd was watching 3 baseball games back to back I made some loaves of french bread, a loaf of wheat bread and some rolls for the up coming weeks. I will freeze most of the bread and pull it out when we need it for dinner. It it very handy to have that part already made. I just have to hide it from Todd and the kids. Elijah was in between my legs several times trying to get some dough as well as Ev who was trying to help me add ingredients. Everyone loves bread so it goes fast around here!

This week I have had some time to sew. A friend of mine is having her 3rd child in a couple of months so I made her a small baby blanket. And since their family is going back to the States to have baby #3 I was planning on making some things for their other 2 girls to do/play with while on the plane. I added some fabric to some khaki pants of mine to make them flair at the bottom and made a new pillowcase for our bed.

But today as I have a cute girl baby blanket made and some cute girl things ready to give my friend the doctor found out today at her ultrasound that she wasn't having another girl as they thought. She is having a BOY! While I am very excited for our friends and very excited that Elijah will have a little boy to play with, I am a little sad that I can't give her the baby items I made! So I am going to try to make her a nursing cover and a boy blanket. Most of my fabric is what people have sent me and it really isn't boyish. I need to come up with something quick because my friend leaves in a couple of weeks to go home. I need to put on my thinking cap!

2 comments:

KaiLeigh said...

Does this mean that Hobbs won't be playing with EV's princess tea pot anymore? Only boy stuff for him, since he's getting a new friend? :D

Kelli Diane Kanani said...

Probably not since this little guy isn't due until Xmas and he won't be able to play for another year after that. That is the time we will be coming home.