As I was making Elmo yesterday I decided to test out an idea that I had for Ev's party coming up in a couple of weeks. Ev is having a dress up tea party so I came across the idea of taking a doll and making the cake its dress. I am pretty sure my grandma make one for my mom for one of her birthdays. Ev has little dolls so I thought I would take those and use a cupcake as the dress part. It worked really well. The cup cake was the perfect size dress for Ev's little dolls. I experimented with some left over icing from Elmo and got this.
I am hoping to make a doll cupcake for each little girl coming to Ev's party. I am also hoping to attempt to make each of them look like a Disney princess. We will see if that works or not. Ev was just thrilled when I was decorating her doll. I will buy a set of them just for the cakes so the girls can take home the doll from their cupcake. Ev is very attached to her dolls.
1 comment:
Awesome cake and great princess cupcake! I bought cheapy cake ice cream cones to bake cupcakes in to make them look like icecream cones...it'll be a rainy (or actually, snowy) day activity. You are SO creative Kelli!!!! GREAT job! :-)
Post a Comment