Tuesday, September 1, 2009

We have been home from our short vacation for almost a week now. I haven't really been on the Internet this week as coming back from time away you have lots of things to do like laundry, cleaning, getting all the paperwork to renew our visas and so on.

We came home to a not so fun surprise. Our electricity and water were off. We are not completely sure why but that just meant that we lost everything in our fridge and freezer. We like to go grocery shopping for the month so all I can say is that my freezer was packed. Lots of goodies from the Import store. AHH! It made me cry. I guess the good thing is that our fridge is so much smaller than ones in America so we could have lost more than we did. Although this would never happen in America!

Another thing that we are working on and another sore area for me to talk about is that we not only lost food products but we lost all of Elijah's 12-18 month immunizations. Since we live over here we have much more than a normal 1 yr old would - 9 of them all together. The only way to get them is to bring them in from another country. We have to CAREFULLY transport them making sure they have the correct temperature. At our old apartment our electricity would go off all the time so I had several places to take them to house them at someone else's house. We have been so careful and it is stressful having them. We didn't have any reason to believe our electricity would go off here at our new place or we would have done something different.

I am trying to find someone who is going out of the country who would go to a doctor and get me new ones. Then I have to figure out how to get them from that person. Right now a friend of mine travels out of the country to get her son's eyes checked. She is probably my best hope. But she lives in the city we were just in for vacation. So I have to find someone from that city who is coming here or someone here who is going there to pick them up CAREFULLY and bring them back to me. What a mess. I just wish I could go to a Pediatrician and get them like everybody else does. But what would life be without a little added challenge?

When we came back we had to get our visas renewed. That meant that we had to get lots of paperwork done and stamped by everyone and their uncle. We also had to go get our yearly physicals done. I dread that every year! This year we had to take the kids with us but surprisingly it went fast. We also were surprised at how easy things came together to get our paperwork. I guess that was a blessing after everything.

3 comments:

Shanalea Atchison said...

Sounds like life is getting you down a little bit even with the blessings in between. Hang in there. I will be praying for you.

Rebekah said...

oh sheesh Kel, I'm so sorry about all the food and the immunizations too! What a welcome home! SOOO frustrating. It's okay to countdown some days...at least that's what I tell myself. Love you and I'm talking to the One in charge on your behalf.

KaiLeigh said...

I think we need to buy a punching bag! I could use one when I hear about stuff like this...