Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mommy School

Over the Summer I have been reading some books from my collection when I was a teacher to Ev. She picks out what she wants me to read to her and lately we have read some about school. Ev has told me she wants to go to school. We are planning on sending her to the local preschool next semester but for now she is going to what we call "mommy school". She loves going to Sunday school so this is the name we came up with.

I made a pocket chart type thing labeled with pictures to show her what we will be spending our time on. I have some goals for her this semester and I made a big deal today about her starting school. I got all the materials I needed and we closed her door and we sat at her table in her room.

Since I am in school she likes that she goes to school too. Right now I am focusing on a letter of the alphabet a week, we are going through a Monthly Toddler activity book, we are doing some reading time (books on CD and books that are read to you from the Internet), and some preschool Centers that I made for her.

When our school was over Todd asked me who liked it better her or me. :) I do admit I enjoyed making my pocket chart and planning out what we are doing. I got to use our small laminator today, who wouldn't love that?!

No comments: