Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Family Trip #2

We enjoyed out time away as a family for a couple of days. To our surprise this little town about 3 hours away had lots of our target people (which we knew) but what we didn't realize was that there is this little hole in the wall restaurant that had some pretty good Western food. In fact, I think we ate so much Western food that it make my stomach upset the first night. I blame the fantastic thick
fries that I had twice that day.
Todd got to practice his language and the kids got to ride in another rental car and we got out of the big city. Even though traveling here can be pretty stressful our short trip seemed to provide us all with much needed rest. When the kids went down for naps we did too. It was wonderful getting a 3 hour nap each day! Maybe we should do family nap time more than just on Sundays.

We took the kids out to the grassland so they could see yak, cows and sheep up close. It is fun that they are so entertained by animals.

We are home for the next two days until we take off again, this time on an airplane, to go see Aunt Kara and the pandas. That is what Ev's been saying for a week now. :)
I posted a lot of my pictures of the harvest fields. I think I am going to print a few of them and hang them up in our home as visual reminders that the harvest is plentiful...

1 comment:

Cindy Foote said...

so glad you got some rest. You all look fabulous! Love you!