It is so cold around here that it makes you not want to go outside. I think the evenings have gotten in the negatives. It snowed off and on this week making getting around town even that much harder not to mention everyone was out buying things, going home and preparing for the New Year around here.
So in honor of my lacking in post lately I've packed this one with several things.
As you know I have been trying to get myself organized for next year homeschooling year. While I've been doing that I have been trying to get some preschool squeezed in. One day I walked by our home school room to hear and see this.
Ev- "Elijah what day is it?"
Elijah- " Today is Monday!"
Ev- "Yes, that is right."
Ev- " Now what is tomorrow going to be?"
Ev was teaching Elijah and Ian just how I teach her. I admit it is fun to watch. Notice her dolls up by her feet, they are in school too. I was just telling some friends that when I was little I use to line up my dolls in a row and teach them in my grandparents basement. Ev is following in my foot steps but she has real people to teach!
Our family sent us a care package filled with our swimming suits since in 2 weeks we will go to Thailand for a month. Todd opened the package and the kids were in awe of their "old" but new to their eyes swimsuits. Even though it was snowing outside they begged us to let them put them on. We did and as I came out into the living room this is what I heard, "Come on, lets go, the carpet is the swimming pool!"
Elijah has been growing out his hair to look like the pitcher Tim Liscicum. We've asked him several times over the past months if he wants us to cut it and he's always said no. The other day we were watching some home videos of him a few years ago in Thailand playing baseball and Todd asked him if he wanted his hair to look like that. Surprisingly he said, "yes." So he got an 3 inch trim.
Ev's hair is getting long and fuller. It took her a while to grow hair. Being in America last year helped her hair get thicker. Her hair is curly too but she doesn't like it. I blow dry it straight for her.
1 comment:
LOVE his new hair cut. EV is so cute with the teaching. I used to teach the neighbors' kids all the time!
Post a Comment