We leave tomorrow to fly to the capital of this country. The next day we fly to America. The kids are just a little excited to fly. They have been telling everyone about it. Ev tells people we are going on an airplane to see Aunt Kara in her wedding dress. Kara you may need to wear white when you come to the airport or Ev will be a little disappointed. :) J/K
Elijah doesn't really know what he means when he tells people he is going to America. Little guy doesn't remember America. He was 7 months old when he was there for the first time.
I have been packing and figuring out what to occupy the kids attention during the long 13 hour flight. I've made a few things and have been saving things out of care packages for a while for times like these.
If you haven't taken 2 toddlers on a 2 hour flight, half of a day layover, 13 hour flight, 4 hour layover, and another 2 hour flight totally our trip time to 24 hours, then here is a little picture into my world right now. Thankfully this is our first flight where EVERYONE has a seat. Thanks to Mr. Hobs turning 2 back in May he officially doesn't have to sit on my lap anymore. That makes me happy. :) There is nothing like a cramped seating arrangement where poor Todd's legs usually take over my leg room and then my lap gets taken by a baby.
Some keys to our successful plane rides are:
1.PLENTY OF SNACKS! Food is key to my family being satisfied, quiet and content. Thanks Grandpa for the fruit snacks, M&M's, animal crackers! We will eat them all.
2. Lots of interesting things to do. I have plenty of Disney princess stickers, crayons, sticker book, dolls, and small coloring books for Ev. I have new trucks and play mat for him along with some sports stickers, baseball figures, play dough, coloring books, Magna doodle, and other things for Elijah.
3. Sleep- we are hoping the kids sleep on the plane. I am asking that we will be around people who don't want to talk and want to sleep too. Last time we took this flight we were surrounded by a group of high schoolers coming back from a trip. They were pumped and can I just say NO ONE SLEPT! Meaning my kids didn't either when the kids don't sleep, mommy doesn't either.
We leave this country Tuesday July 6th at 2:15pm and arrive in Chicago on Tuesday July 6th at 2:15pm. No, you didn't read that wrong we travel back in time to arrive in America which is 13 hours behind us. Crazy, huh? There really is time travel for those of you LOST fans. :)
Then we should be arriving into Tulsa sometime past bedtime. We appreciate your prayers for our flights!
Next time I post, it will be "from YOUR side of the world!" YEAH
3 comments:
You are SO creative! You did a great job and you always do a great job thinking of everything/everyone when you pack! Can't wait to see you!
Oh my goodness Iliana would get some SERIOUS use out of the princess/polly pocket holder!! I wish I had a sewing machine and fabric...I wouldn't be able to do it as well as you, but it's a fabulous idea I would love to attempt for her!! I love seeing all this that you so lovingly made for your kids! Someday, in all your spare time you : P, you should post a tutorial on how you make some of these things! Just know, that at this point I'm pr-ing for your travel and I'm coveting the princess holder :-) Have a wonderful time!
Didi is PRECIOUS!!! Seriously excited to see his picture! AND - you are home by now! WOO HOO!!! We'll definitely have to set aside time to chat on the phone! But for now - rest!
Love you!
Post a Comment