Yesterday I took 2 shirts of mine and made them into a new shirt. I am back into wearing fall clothes and I have been able to pull out some pre children clothes that I brought over here and haven't worn yet. But 3 plus years ago the trend in fashion was to have shirt that went right to the natural waist. With being pregnant and in between sizes for a while I feel more comfortable with longer shirts that go to my hips and it seems like most fashion has longer shirts. So my dilemma - how to make my shirt longer?
So after getting ideas from a few craft blogs I decided to take a tank top and cut off the bottom of it and attach it to the bottom of my other shirt. Then I cut off another section of the tank top and ruffled it and attached it to the neckline. It was so easy to do and it didn't take me long at all. I followed the stitch of the main shirt so you can't even tell I sewed on it. I now have a shirt that won't show skin when I bend over and it covers my neckline better too. Since we don't have dryers here and our washing machines really beat our clothes up most of our clothes get stretched our- collars are the worst! So I solved my problem and really like the result.
I have plans for a few other clothing items of mine. It is fun to be resourceful and to get a new clothing item out of existing clothes.
So after getting ideas from a few craft blogs I decided to take a tank top and cut off the bottom of it and attach it to the bottom of my other shirt. Then I cut off another section of the tank top and ruffled it and attached it to the neckline. It was so easy to do and it didn't take me long at all. I followed the stitch of the main shirt so you can't even tell I sewed on it. I now have a shirt that won't show skin when I bend over and it covers my neckline better too. Since we don't have dryers here and our washing machines really beat our clothes up most of our clothes get stretched our- collars are the worst! So I solved my problem and really like the result.
I have plans for a few other clothing items of mine. It is fun to be resourceful and to get a new clothing item out of existing clothes.
3 comments:
Pictures?
Oh Kelli you are SO amazing and inspirational. So very clever and an awesome woman! I'm sure the shirt looks great!
what a great idea! But now I want to see it!
Post a Comment