Monday, May 27, 2013

Lego Birthday Party

Since our boy's birthdays are a couple weeks apart for the second year we've done one big party for the two of them.  So far it has worked out well.  This year we changed our theme from baseball to Legos.

This was the first time I made my own fondant.  For Elijah's real birthday he wanted cupcakes with lego heads, Ian had requested brownies with Oreos inside and sprinkles and more Oreos on top.  Then for the party we did more cupcakes with lego bricks and minifigures for the two boys.

We played lego toss, where they had to toss the lego into the smallest circle to get the most points.  We played "hot lego" like hot potato.  We had a race to see who could build the tallest lego tower and the kids made their own lego figure.  The kids guessed how many legos it took to create our lego castle.  We also had a photo booth where we had printed some lego masks from legos.com and had some other dress up items for them to wear. 

I decorated with large legos made out of construction paper, a banner out of lego font, I drew lego faces on yellow balloons, and I used some of the boys duplos and legos around the house as decorations.

For food we had cupcakes with legos on top, brownies made to look like legos with icing and m&ms, the juice boxes were covered to look like lego bricks, and some other fun snacks.




















No comments: