Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Catching up

To catch up we've had some big things happen around here.  Some of it was  sad, some of it was exciting and some of it just in between.  Over the last month we've welcomed into our lives a dryer, a car and Pizza Hut that opened last week in our city.  You may be thinking, is this lady crazy but these 3 things have revolutionized my world.  Let me tell you about the exciting these that happened.

First- My clothing dryer- I had been telling Todd for a while now, "if  I only had a dryer life would be so much easier!"  :)  I am happy that we can now dry our clothes and they will go back to their original shape for the most part.  Picture if you can 5 people's laundry that may take anywhere from 1-3 days to dry depending on the weather.  Thank you Jesus for the dryer.

Please don't be mad at me, kids don't use car seats here and we are looking for booster seats for the kids off the Internet cause you can't buy them here! 
Second- We got a car.  We have lived here for 5 years without one and as our family has grown it is harder to get around with public transportation. (Mainly when I want to go out with the kids by myself.) The kids have really gotten use to holding each others hands when we walk anywhere.  They've done well when we are on a side walk and cars still think it is the road, and they've done well crossing the streets with me and even in my few attempts to get me and three little people on a public bus before it takes off. Public buses don't wait for you to find your seat if you are the last one one it starts to move and closes the door on you even if you are not all the way inside and then you learn how to walk to the back of the bus and find your seat while the bus is moving.  Now you probably don't want to picture us crossing the street.  If I am really nervous I will carry Ian and have Ev hold onto my pocket or purse and then I hold Elijah's hand.  Never mind that no one obeys traffic laws around here or yields for pedestrians, even pedestrians with 3 little kids. Some of the mindset here is you are out for yourself so do whatever is best for you.   So with this all said you can see how having a car makes it easier on us.  Although Todd is the only one with a driver's license and I refuse to drive here so we are limited to if/when he is available to take us places.  It is still better than nothing.

Third- Pizza hut opened in our city.  Let me just remind you all we have is KFC.  So having Pizza Hut is amazing.  We finally have a new place to go on date night!  Pizza Hut is pretty expensive since we live in the west and everything has to be shipped to us.  But I am just happy to not always have to make my own pizza. :)

1 comment:

Kara M said...

I was so excited to read all three of these! I wanted to tell my neighbor who is sitting next to me, but I don't think they would get the coolness!

DRYER!!!!!!

CAR!!!!

PIZZA HUT!!!

It's a good day! Grab some neatly dried clothes, hop in your car, and go grab some pizza!